The motive of this article is to provide information to our readers. What kind of information? UPS Value-Added Services for Air Freight information. We have seen that many businesses or individuals who ship through the air, don’t know the charges beforehand. Hence it makes it difficult for you to estimate your cost or plan effectively. We are focusing on a very narrow topic because small points or information can also matter when it comes to using this service from UPS. We hope you find what you are looking for.
Value-Added Services for Air Freight
This section will now provide you with 9 available options under this UPS service. Along with this, we will also provide you with the details of these 9 options. Please read it carefully because any misunderstanding in the following information can affect the whole process.
1. Custom Clearance
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions are responsible for providing custom clearance when you use the UPS Express Freight services.
- You can also give a written request if you want other air freight services. A written request will be accepted through UPS Supply Chain Solutions.
- You can search for UPS Air Freight Terms and Conditions of Contract, in case you want details in this option.
2. Dangerous Goods
- There are goods that are categorized under dangerous goods. These goods can only be shipped using the UPS Air Freight Consolidated. You can check out the UPS Air Freight Terms and Conditions of Contract to know what kinds of goods are dangerous goods.
- The cargo which is not confirmed may face delays in services.
- To ship dangerous goods, additional charges are applied.
3. Insured Value
- You can also ensure your products.
4. Door Delivery
- This is an optional service that you can opt for. In this service, your product will be shipped from the terminal to your door.
- Only UPS Air Freight Direct and UPS Air Freight Consolidated provide this service.
- To avail of this service, you will have to pay extra.
- It stands for Hold At Destination Airport For Pick-up
- You do not have to pay any additional fee for this service
- This service will ask for a consignee’s name and number.
- Freight will be at the destination for pick-up.
6. UPS Liftgate Services
- It requires additional charges to opt for this service.
- If your delivery product requires a vehicle then you can opt for this service.
7. Pickup From Door
- You will have to pay additional charges for this service
- This service is only available with UPS Air Freight Direct and UPS Air Freight Consolidated.
8. E-mail Notification
- There will be notifications on each step of the delivery process. This will include the processing part of your delivery, the uploading part, the shipped part, the delivered part.
9. Cargo Insurance
- You can obtain your cargo insurance to protect yourself from any kind of physical loss of your shipment.
- It will help you recover the amount that has been damaged by you. There are different terms and conditions for it.
- There is a limit of US$500,000 per shipment if you require insurance.
- UPS does not provide you the insurance. Third-party will provide you with the insurance.
- UPS Air Freight Terms and Conditions of Contract can help you to know more details about it.
Here ends our topic here. This was all about the UPS Value-Added Services for Air Freight. This information can help you a lot to gain information on the value-added charges. This will give you a headstart and you can choose these services according to your requirements. We have also given a section below which is our comment section. It will help you to reach us with your doubts and we will try to solve them as soon as possible.